While every effort is made to ensure that your vacation is a safe and happy one, unexpected events can occur — before and after your trip begins. Designed exclusively with the Alumni traveler in mind, we strongly recommend that you purchase one of our valuable plans in order to give you the extra peace of mind that will allow you to rest easy while you enjoy your trip.
Alumni Travel Protect Plans are designed to provide you with a comprehensive selection of benefits and services that will protect your vacation investment, and that will meet the needs of even the most exotic vacation.
KEY FEATURES OF OUR STANDARD, PREFERRED AND ULTIMATE PLANS
Emergency Evacuation & Repatriation of Remains
Pre-Existing Medical Condition Exclusion Waiver
- exhibited symptoms that would have caused one to seek care or treatment; or
- received or received a recommendation for a test, examination, or medical treatment; or
- took or received a prescription for drugs or medicine.
Item 3 of this definition does not apply to a condition that is treated or controlled solely through the taking of prescription drugs or medicine and remains treated or controlled without any adjustment or change in the required prescription throughout the sixty (60) day period before the Effective Date.
The Pre-Existing Condition exclusion is waived if You (a) enroll in this Certificate at the time You pay the deposit required for Your Trip (or within 14, 21 or 30 days of the initial Trip deposit depending on the plan purchased); (b) purchase this Certificate for the full cost of Your Trip; and (c) are medically able to travel on the Effective Date.
Cancel for any reason - Optional (Ulimate Plan Only)
- you purchase the Ultimate Plan within 30 days of your initial Trip payments/deposit.
- you insure all prepaid Trip costs, including 100% of any subsequently booked Trip arrangements within 30 days of payment/confirmation of those additional arrangements.
- the Trip is cancelled at least 2 days prior to scheduled departure.
Alumni Travel Protect plans are underwritten by Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company and Affiliated Companies with a rating of A+ (Superior) by A.M. Best Company.